Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Found on the internet - Vases as Planters

There are so many photos on Pinterest and posts on blogs about using vases as planters. I decided I would try my hand at making some too. The decision was based on the fact that I had 2 empty glass vases sitting in the cupboard that I never used. It is highly unlikely that I will be given flowers any time soon so I figured I was safe to convert them. I also had some pebbles and soil in the shed so all I had to outlay was the price of 2 little plants.

I don't think mine look as nice as the ones I have seen in photos but I am happy with them. The tall vase might have looked better with less soil to lower it further in the vase. (I was going to include links to the ones on Pinterest but now I cant find any of them... go figure)  The ones online have prettier layering but my attempt at doing it shows it is very tricky and I kept breaking leaves off the plants.



No comments:

Post a Comment