Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

Project 65 - My jobs for the year.

I sat down and made a list of the projects I want to do this year. There are 65 'must do' things on this list. Some projects are fairly straight forward like finish painting the kitchen hutch but there are other personal projects such as take my vitamins each day and try to reach my goal weight of 65 kg. I wanted a big visual prompt that I would see everyday to remind me to work on these goals. But I didn't want to spend a cent on the project, after all saving money is on the list as well.

I found these items in the shed and got to work. The old sign has scribble all over it and the numbers were old house street numbers (I had a 1, 5, 6 and 7).

I spray painted the sign with a white undercoat and then used 3 different shades of orange. A dark orange for the edge of the frame and different colours of orange for the numbers. This photo below is just to see which way I wanted the numbers to face before I started decorating.

I decided that I should add my list to the board as well. To make it all fit the numbers and sign got turned around. Now came the fun part of decorating the sign with what limited supplies I had. All I have used is 2 pages of scrapbooking paper, small stickers and flowers and Washi Tapes from Downtown Tape. The Washi Tape is so much fun to use and makes life easier for a hopeless crafter like myself. I struggle with any type of scrapbooking or card making, but this tape really helps jazz things up with minimal effort or talent on my behalf.
Drum roll please. TA DA!!!!! 
There are 2 pages of typed goals listed under that cover page. Hopefully I can start crossing some of them off soon. If I get all of them crossed off by the end of the year I will be very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment