Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Furniture Renovation Project: My computer chair

Yeah I found time to actually finish something. Yeah I am just as surprised as you are. I hate winter and after a few grey overcast days I headed off to the hardware store to buy a tin of happy. I hadn't really decided on a colour before walking in. I just wanted something cheery. I found a lovely colour that I am happy with but the lady in the paint section was a little shocked to be mixing up a tin of orange.

I decided to paint a chair that was looking worn out and grubby. The paint was peeling off and it was very dirty. It got a big scrub and then it was time to paint it.
 I did a couple of coats of undercoat/primer and then did 3 coats of the orange.
I really like it. Hopefully looking at it will make me feel happy even when I am sitting at my desk paying bills and filling out forms. I now need to find a suitable cushion but I might have to wait until Spring to find something suitable in the shops. The muted winter stock just wont work.

No comments:

Post a Comment