Pages

Sunday 29 December 2013

Christmas - May the force be with you

Ok. I know I am very late with sharing my tree... or I am really early for next year.

I wanted to do something different this year with my Christmas tree.  Every year I do a traditional tree but I wanted to do something for my boys this year.

I bought a black tree and Mum helped sew the cape. I bought some Hallmark Star Wars ornaments, but I couldn't afford many. Most of the decorations were out of Kinder Surprise chocolates. They had Star Wars themed toys and despite our best efforts in eating heaps, we never managed to find Jar Jar Binks or R2-D2. The boys volunteered to keep eating chocolates but our local supermarket sold out of the Star Wars range.


Here are the older boys with their special tree.

The boys loved their tree. We put up the tree at the end of November and my little foster son kept plucking the decorations off so that he could play with them. By Christmas Day the tree was looking a little bare but luckily everyone was too distracted by the presents.  It is surprising how many people came in and didn't even notice a giant Darth Vader in the middle of the lounge room.

May the force be with you this Christmas... or next Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment