Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

Craft - I heart buttons.

As a child I was fascinated by my Mum's button jar. It contained lovely old buttons. Buttons back then were far more interesting than buttons today. I remember buttons with shapes stamped into them, shell buttons, fabric covered buttons, metal buttons and different coloured buttons.

Recently I borrowed her button jar to use a few buttons for a project. Then seeing the jar was still here and tempting me I used a few extra buttons and made this heart.  I traced a heart shape onto the fabric with an erasable pen and then filled the space with different buttons.  It was a very quick and easy project. I bought the hoop from my local Spotlight store and the fabric is a scrap out of my basket.

The best thing about this project is that it is light and I have stuck it onto the wall with a tiny piece of blu-tac. This makes it easy to move around and is great for living in a rental house as there are no wall hooks required.
Now I'm off to raid the jar for interesting coloured buttons to use on another project.

No comments:

Post a Comment