Pages

Sunday 13 July 2014

Minecraft coffee table

My boys want a Minecraft themed bedroom. The company that makes Minecraft hasn't expanded into the complete range of merchandise to flog to kids. Though I am sure it is just a matter of time but for now I can't just go to the store and buy Minecraft decor items. So I am slowly decorating the hard way, which is DIY.
So far the boys have knitted wool cushions which Grandma made from a pattern found here.
I also bought them weighted blankets made with Minecraft fabric. Weighted blankets can help calm and settle children with sensory issues especially children with autism.


I had this old coffee table that was doubling as a bedside table between the bunk beds. It was very knocked about and even had a corner chewed by a dog many years ago.

 I sanded the coffee table and put two coats of undercoat on. I then put two coats of leftover green paint on. I then tried my best to make a Creeper face template. I was convinced it was big enough but I think I should have made it bigger still. I was also convinced I had centered the template before painting. hahahaha. Luckily the boys haven't noticed.
I then had a wild urge to distress the paint. I have never tried heavily distressing a piece of furniture before but wanted to try before I start a BIG project later in the week.
Here is the final product. I haven't sealed it yet as I am trying to work out if I need to make any further adjustments first.





 
Here is a photo from when I was falling off what I was standing on to try take these photos. Luckily I wasn't injured. :)

I have seen a few removable wall stickers on Etsy that have Minecraft related designs. I am thinking of getting some of those for the room. I also plan to get the boys to help make some paintings to hang up in here. I think we have enough Creepers in here though. I really want to make a Minecraft pig as they look cute.

I hope you have a great day. I am hoping to stalk the postie today as I am waiting on exciting things to arrive for a new project. :)

1 comment:

  1. ROBLOX is driven by an ever growing player base of more than 300,000 creators who generate an infinite variety of highly immersive experiences.

    These experiences range from 3D games and contests, to interactive adventures where players can take on new identities to explore what it would be like to be a dinosaur, a miner working a mine or an astronaut on a space exploration.

    ReplyDelete